Test our PubFlow JIRA-plugin demo
Sep 03, 2014
Visit http://maui.se.informatik.uni-kiel.de:48080/jira to test the latest version of our PubFlow JIRA-plugin!
The workflow in our example is the transformation of raw data to a correctly formatted file which can be uploaded to Pangaea, a world data centre for earth and environmental science.
Currently we are testing our plugin together with the KDMI at the GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel.
There are two different roles/groups:
- the scientists, creating a new issues in JIRA, appending the experiment results and committing it to the data managers
- the data managers, receiving the data from the scientists and working off a predefined workflow in JIRA
The workflow contains following steps:
- The scientist creates a new issue, appends the raw data, adds some meta data as a comment and commits it to the data manager
- The data manager checks if the data is complete and has not been uploaded to Pangaea yet.
- The DM imports the data into the local institutional database (OCN [Ocean])
- The DM prepares the data processing through PubFlow by adding meta information to the issue in predefined fields. for example about the cruise, crew, etc. Afterwards the data manager commits the issue to PubFlow
- (sub workflow): PubFlow collects the required data from the database (OCN), checks if the data is valid and consistent (e.g. negative measuring values) and generates log comments in case of abnormal data. It scans the quality flags, automatically maps OCN parameter ids to Pangaea parameter ids and generates a file that is correctly formatted for an import do Pangaea.
- The DM checks the result file and uploads it to Pangaea
To test our setup you will need the following logins:
login: SampleDataManager , password: datamanager
login: SampleScientist , password: scientist
Note: the SampleDataManager is also in group 'scientists' so basically there is no need to log in as user SampleScientist but feel free to try it!
In the 'PREPARE FOR PUBFLOW'-step it is absolutely nessecary to enter 12013 as 'leg id', otherwise you won't get an result.
The final imported result of leg no. 12013 can be found here: http://doi.pangaea.de/10.1594/PANGAEA.774842